Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wait, I had a really good idea... no, it's gone

The other day, an old friend stopped by for a bit.  She has two kids, aged 7 and 10.  I only had Jack and Will with me at the time, the girls were at school.  In the hour and a half she was here, I got up and down no fewer than 946 times.  Well, I may be exaggerating, but it was probably at least 15 times.  I never think about how much up and down and running back and forth I do until I have someone with me that doesn't have to do it. 

Since then, I've been doing a little observation and I realized that I don't have any conversation between the hours of 7AM and 8PM that aren't interrupted.  I can barely get one complete sentence out, forget a whole conversation.  After some unscientific observation, I've realized that none of my friends do either.  The average conversation sounds like this:

Me: "Oh, hey I saw something at Kohl's that I... Put that down!"
Friend: "I like Kohl's but I ususally end up at... don't hit him!"
Me: "I was talking to... yes you can have a snack"
Friend:  "What was I saying?"

It's shocking that any of us know anything about each other at all.  It's even more amazing that, though I seem to never finish a sentence, I feel like I talk all day.  Jeff often asks if I'm mad at him cause I don't want to talk after the kids go to bed, but the truth is, I just flat out don't have anything left to say. 

Recently some helpful person told me that women lose up to 10% of their brain cells during pregnancy.  This means that I've lost 40% of my brain in the last five years.  I have hope that it will come back, but I'm not optimistic.  Just to prove my point, I opened this blog to write about something and then forgot what it was.  So I wrote about forgetting things instead. 

Go figure.

No comments: