Sunday, June 7, 2009

Okay so I'm serious this time




I keep saying I'm going to start a blog, so here it is. No really. It's here. This is it, you're reading it now. I guess I should start being witty now...

This weekend was the second First Friday Happy Hour of the summer. Of course, this month, the month of rain here in lovely Delaware, First Friday happened on the first Saturday. The regulars were all here - I guess we ended up with about 14 adults and 10 or so kids. Jeff bought new sand for the sand box, most of which ended up in Tyler's pants, I believe. That kid is going to be well exfolliated.

Today was the Blue Rocks game - Maggie and Jack's first baseball experience and Ellie's second. Ellie was largely interested in all the food options, which should be a surprise to no one at all. She's not a fan of Cracker Jack, so I'm not sure at all if she's my kid. Maggie had a good time in the moonbounce they have there and managed to figure out that Daddy couldn't fit in the little hole to get her out, so she bounced away in the back where he couldn't reach her. Stinker.

The Jack man continues to amaze us with his eating abilities as well. Tonight he had chicken, peas, asparagus, 8 oz of milk and then still wanted to nurse. Good Lord, when he's a teenager, I'm sunk. I'm going to need to have three jobs to keep my kids in food.

Mom and I are preparing for our big trip to Pittsburgh. Should be a good trip, though I'm anot looking forward to the ride. 6 hours in a car with three kids under the age of five. I think that's a prison sentence for some crimes. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing everyone, especially Opa. It's so much fun to see him playing with Ellie, it's like her personality was made to play with an old grumpy man.

Well, eventually, I'll get a new camera and I'll post some pictures to this site as well... Have a good day party people!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Yay for you starting a blog. We had a great time at First Friday on Saturday. :)

Staying in Balance said...

Good luck w/ your blog, Erin!!!

Dymphna/Gemma/Yoursonsgodmother