Sunday, June 28, 2009

Nintendo has been good for my marriage

When I didn't make enough money from the Mothers of Multiples resale to cover the cost of membership to Sherwood Park Pool this summer, I was bitter. Mostly at my husband for his rare moment of fiscal responsibility.

So I had a couple hundred dollars burning a hole in my pocket, and I did what any responsible adult would do, I bought a Wii. I don't know why, I'm not a game fan. But I bought it, and then our good friend Johna came over a couple days later with the whole Rock Band kit and caboodle. Love her! So now, almost every night, we play Rock Band. Our band is called "Kids in Bed" - we have Mad Dog Lacey on guitar, Johna on vocals, and "E" on drums. I have to say, I've surprised myself with my percussion proficiancy. Even when Johna's out teaching, Jeff and I play. It's been so much fun to be on a team together and we're pretty good at saving each other. We've even unlocked the "Endless Set" - 84 songs in a row, with no stopping... we're waiting for babysitting for that one!

1 comment:

Staying in Balance said...

Good for you! I still enjoy my Nintendo 64 with Wave Race and 1080.