Friday, January 8, 2010

31 weeks and counting

I've officially reached the point in pregnancy when people look at me and either smile benevolently or look worried that my water is going to break.  When I was pregnant the first time, I never asked for help or took it when it was offered, but I've learned that the kindness of man only extends so far and you might as well take advantage while you can.  For instance, I regularly get offered help to the car with groceries, packages, etc., when I DON'T have any kids with me.  When the children are with me, I'm on my own.  And God forbid you do anything like grocery shop with a newborn... people are as likely to tell you how irresponsible a parent you are for bringing your new baby out as they are to help you.  I had a man in Costco seriously get in my face when Jack was about two weeks old for bringing him to the store.  I finally told him that he had two older sisters and the dangers were probably fewer in public than at home. 

1 comment:

Staying in Balance said...

Its amazing what insanity some people will take the time and energy to communicate to a new mom.