Tuesday, January 26, 2010

34 weeks

Wow, time flies when you're having fun... which is how I can prove for certain that the last 10 weeks of pregnancy are no fun at all!  It's amazing how the first and second trimester flew by and for all my effort to convince myself that February is a short month, I can't shake the feeling that it's forever until I have little Bullseye. 

To take my mind of things, the kids have all graciously decided to get sick at one time.  There's a special kind of hell that is three kids having three fevers and three coughs in the same night.  Add to that, my pregnancy issues and Jeff's "surgical" scars, and the five of us were a pretty pitiful crew this weekend.  I'm patiently waiting for the part of the movie where the cavalry arrives and tells me that they'll do all the laundry and cooking for a week or so.  :)

By way of getting out of the house today, without overly exposing anyone to our germs, I took the kids to Babies R Us with the idea that they could each pick a small gift out for Bullseye.  Ellie right away picked out a stuffed dog and Maggie chose a frilly, girly outfit.  I tried to explain to Mags that we couldn't get a girly outfit, cause we don't know what kind of baby we're having.  She threw an epic fit - screaming and yelling that it was a girl baby and that was it.  She doesn't want a boy baby.  She only wants a girl baby.  Don't know how we're going to handle that in case it doesn't go her way in the end.  Ellie, ever the problem solver, says to me that we can buy two outfits, one boy, one girl and then take back whichever we don't need.  When did she learn about returns??? 

My cousin Susan is now 38 weeks preggers, and my friend Krisanne is 36, so I'm now marking time by the buns in their ovens.  I'm trying not to go crazy like I always do at the end of pregnancy.  I think I'm probably going to fail, but it's worth a shot.  My cousin Lori, who is also pregnant, keeps reminding me that this is my last pregnancy and I should try to savor it.  To me, that's like trying to savor a root canal.  Pregnancy is cool and all, but seriously, I'm way more into actually having the baby.

Remind me of that when I'm blogging about how little sleep we're getting!

No comments: